Monday, January 22, 2007

Sgt Art the medic needs us again!

You all remember Sgt. Art L, the medic whose unit of 40 guys is way out in the boonies with no support. We sent him a ton of stuff just in time for Christmas.

You can read more about Sgt Art and his clinic here


I just got an email from him and he could use some more help. He said that they are out of baby wipes, tooth paste & toothbrushes, shave cream, coffee &#4 filters (cone), bath soap, laundry soap, hot cocoa mix, and hand sanitizer. Most of the DVD movies we sent him are gone too, because he gave them all away to other units that didnt have any.



He said he gave away all the Christmas candy we sent him, and most of the toiletries.



He writes: "I didn't know a whole armored battalion was going to drop in until they showed up. That was the same night that I received my cases of mail with the remainder of my Christmas boxes in it. Timing could not have been better as the troops that were here did not know how Spartan this base was.



The Aid station became a gathering point for Hot cocoa (Mr. Murphy’s law of combat was in effect, we got about 4 inches of rain and the temp dropped to about 38 degrees), coffee, and snacks. I had people coming in with out any hygiene kits because their gear was blown up on the ride down here. "



Mr. Art is just a good host, I guess.



If you can send any of the things he needs, please email me for the address. Let's help these guys out.

Thanks - Rog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home