Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day



"Advair" from US. Manufactured by Glaxo-Smith Kline. Cost $202


"Seretide" from Mexican pharmacy. Manufactured by Glaxo-Smith Kline. Cost $42.00 US


I rarely get involved in politics, but I have a personal vested interest this time. I have asthma, and for the first time in my life, I don't have employer health insurance. OK, I went out and bought my own.

Cost: $1,000 per month for me and my wife.

Coverage: basically nothing that I can figure out so far. Certainly not prescriptions, especially not for "pre-existing condtions". Like Asthma.

So I have to buy my own meds. My co-pay is the total cost of the drug. Now, here is my beef: I use an inhaler called "Advair". My cost at any local pharmacy is between $202 and $240 apiece - that's for one month.

Luckily, my brother lives in Arizona - 30 miles from the border. He runs down every 90 days and picks up the same exact damn inhaler for me. Cost - $42 apiece.

Whoever is elected, fix this.
-rog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home