Friday, June 15, 2007

GO MOM - When lady medics take care of our guys

I just got an email from Major Terri O, at the 399th CSH. They are are a reserve unit, and have been over there for about a year now. One thing I've picked up from talking to lots of medical people is that a lot of reservists have been doing this for a long time, and have lots and lots ofexperience. One Doc I talk to is a Vietnam Vet and my age. Jeeps, it would kill me to be trudging around those rocks and sand and all, and I don't know how he does it.

Anyway, Terri wrote "the young soldiers/ marines get a kick and a laugh when they see how much we like to pamper them, they can't believe it. I tell our US patients that there is one really good thing about a Reserve Hospital and one bad thing. We have thousands of years of experience and we like to GO MOM on them. When i tell them that, they say they really appreciate it. "




I just like the heck out of that: GO MOM as a medical treatment approach. So here's to all my lady medic friends, thanks for being Moms when our guys need one.
-Rog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home